Getting or Changing Service

This page offers information regarding brand new or expanded electrical service. If you are simply taking over service from another member, please call Member Services at 802-635-2331 or 800-832-2667 to complete the transfer.

Are you planning to construct a new home or facility? Looking to expand, and think you might need more power?

You can fill out online forms below. But before you start, here are a few items you should know about:

  • Please contact VEC well in advance of your need for power to ensure service will be available when it is needed. New service may require easements and/or special construction permits. 
  • All applications for electric service should include a service layout (site plan or hand-drawn sketch) designating the proposed location of buildings, additions, and property lines and indicating the preferred location of the service entrance equipment.
  • If any VEC owned infrastructure (poles, wires, vaults) will be located on your property (or neighbor’s property) as a result of this service, an easement giving VEC the right to access the property to maintain the equipment will be required.

Start the process by filling out the appropriate form with as much information as you can provide. 

You can fill out the forms directly on-line or by downloading and filling out a PDF.

New Service On-line

New Service PDF

Change to Service On-line

Change to Service PDF

Once you fill out the forms, VEC will contact you with any questions and with information about scheduling a site visit and an engineering fee.

Additional notes:

VEC can provide temporary power for construction sites or for other short term uses. Please email the Engineering Department for details.

Because VEC's facilities are normally designed to meet a member's electricity demand requirement at the time of initial service, any additional load should not be connected until VEC has been notified.

In situations where a significant amount of new load will be added by a member, VEC may have to install larger service equipment or undertake additional construction (often at the member's expense) to accommodate the demand increase.

Links to reference documents:

VEC's Electric Service Requirements Manual

Construction Standards

For more information, please email our Engineering Department.