Pay via check or card online:
A Range of Options to Pay Your Bill
VEC offers an array of bill payment options. One of the most efficient is through our on-line portal, SmartHub. Not only can you pay your bill there, you can get all sorts of other helpful information, too. Read more about SmartHub and other options below.
Manage your VEC account, including pay your bill, via your computer or mobile device. You can also view your power usage data, report an outage, and set up alerts to stay informed about power restoration updates and bill notifications. Through SmartHub you can have payments charged directly to a bank or credit card through Auto Pay, and you can also use the "Pay Now" function of SmartHub to simply pay your bill without registering for the portal.
Check your account balance, set up Auto Pay, and/or pay your bill with a check, debit card, or credit card. Simply dial 800-832-2667 or 802-635-2331 and choose “Option 2” for the automated service.
Have bill payments charged directly to your bank account or to a debit or credit card. VEC accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.* You can sign up through SmartHub.
- Members enrolled in Auto Pay still receive a monthly statement reflecting current reading information and charges. However, the bill will read “Bank draft do not pay.”
- The bill amount will be deducted from your account approximately 14 days after the bill date on your statement.
*There is a $2,500 limit per month for all credit/debit card payments.
You may drop payments at the following locations:
- Vermont Electric Cooperative Headquarters: 42 Wescom Road, Johnson
- Franklin Telephone: 5217 Main St, Franklin
- M&T Bank: Payments can be made at any branch office location. Note: members paying bills in person at any of the local branches of M&T Bank are required to present their VEC electric bill payment stub.
- You may mail check or money orders to:
Vermont Electric Cooperative, Inc.
P.O. Box 1400
Note: please do NOT mail payments to our Johnson office.
VEC members may choose to pay monthly electric bills on a fixed budget payment plan. This allows members to spread their projected electric bill payments over a 12-month period, adding predictability for budgeting.
Under budget billing, VEC calculates members' monthly payments amount based on the average of your previous 12 months’ bills. In the first budget year, VEC reviews the member's account part way through the year to ensure that projected usage is in line with actual usage and adjusts the monthly budget amount if necessary. At the end of the plan year, VEC reconciles the member's account.
Members can opt out any time. When a budget plan is canceled, the total balance on the account becomes due. If there is a credit, members may elect to get a refund, or put it toward future bills.
To learn more or enroll, please contact Member Services at 802-635-2331.